Friday, November 7, 2008

Six Things about me...

My friend Arlene "tagged" me -- so I guess I'm supposed to tell six things about myself. So, here goes....

1. I was born into a Pastor's family -- the oldest of three girls. I actually enjoyed being a PK. The only bad part was people expecting more out of me than their own kids. We are all sinners so guess what? ... we all sin! Wow! what a concept. But other than that I liked it -- not like I really knew any different. I enjoyed all the Pastor's fellowship meetings we went to -- Preachers are crazy men -- you see a different side of them than when they're preaching -- it's pretty funny!

2. I was homeschooled -- and contrary to popular belief I did have a social life --we did leave our house every once in awhile! I loved being homeschooled -- I hope to homeschool my kids. We'll see if I have the patience but I think I will. I love watching Isaac learn new things so I think it will be fun.

3. I have never had a drink of alcohol or smoked a cigerette. People think that's crazy but I'm proud to say that I've never done these things. Praise the Lord I don't have to deal with addiction to these things and have to try to quit. It has never even been something I've wanted to try -- the smell of smoke and alcohol makes me sick so there has never been a desire to try them.

4. I am a Hairstylist -- been doing hair now for 10 1/2 years!! That I cannot believe. I love doing hair -- it is definitely a passion of mine. One time I went to our church youth camp as the counselor and I told the girls "don't even ask me to do your hair, I'm on vacation" -- I couldn't stand it -- by the end of the week I was asking to do their hair. I missed it!

5. My middle name is KAY and whenever I tell people my middle name they always say "not your middle initial, what's your middle name?" I then say "Kay". And we go through this about 2-3 more times before I finally say "Kay...K...A...Y!!" Then they feel pretty dumb!! :-)

6. One of my greatest fears -- knives. I cannot watch other people cut things with a knife -- I especially can't watch movies where someone is fighting with a knife or gets stabbed with a knife. It just sends shivers up my back. It really freaks me out. Jason likes to tease me by taking a knife and rubbing across his hand -- I can't stand it! Just thinking about it now is freaking me out!

So, there's a few silly facts about me. Now I will tag a couple of people...

Jill
Albanie

Tell us 6 fun facts about yourself -- this is pretty fun!

4 comments:

Arlene said...

LOL, I can just see you cringing now! :o)

I'm glad I grew up "sheltered" too, and don't think there's any shame in it. Most non-believers I ever talk to usually (if they're being open and honest) will admit they wish they hadn't gone through half of what they've been tempted with anyway!

Albanie said...

Oh you stinker!

I can't believe you've been doing hair for that long either!

Thoughts From Me said...

Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that you were homeschooled AND sheltered and you can function in normal society? You can even hold a job? That is amazing!! haha

I hate watching knife fights too, you're not alone!

Keely said...

I wouldn't say sheltered, your life sounds structured and I envy that. And Arlene is right- I could take back some things I've done!