Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hmmmm......

So, why is it that so-called Christians have such a hard time obeying God's word? I know it's because of our sin nature, but doesn't the Bible say "give NO place to the devil"? So, why then do we put ourselves in situations that give place to the devil?? This I cannot seem to understand. I see Christians daily letting the devil have places in their lives where they are allowing themselves room to fall into sin. Putting yourself in a place where you KNOW there is going to be temptation to sin is (in my point of view) asking to fall into sin. So, then when we end up doing something REALLY dumb, why are we surprised? We put ourselves there knowing that we should not be there in the first place. So, again, I know we are going to sin, but when we go into a situation that we KNOW we should not be in and then we sin, I think this is willful sinning against God. I know I'm not perfect -- believe me I AM NOT -- the Bible reminds me of this ("For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God") -- but my prayer is that I will always put myself in situations where I can glorify God and not disappoint him. Thank you for listening to me ramble -- hope this makes some sense.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Hey, that's one reason you have a blog, right? So you can get all those frustrations out! Sorry it's been a rough time for you... hopefully today will go better! :o) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me! I've never thought of it that way.

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Sarah. It's what we need to hear more of, more often. We think we can live "in" the world and not be "of" it. Not according to John and James. And "can a man take fire in his bosom and not be burned?" ...Solomon God' word is very clear. We just need to apply it. That is, after all, where the rubber hits the road, isn't it? You aren't perfect, I agree. As you agree I am not. But if we are saved, we are not our own. We then ought to be looking to please our Saviour, not ourselves. Okay, just my $.02 there.