Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I just want to wish everyone a VERY Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of the great blessings God has shown upon us this year -- what a GREAT God we serve!! I have a loving husband, a good kid, and a great family who all love the Lord -- and for that I am truly thankful. I am excited about spending Thanksgiving with all of our family. It should be a good day.




Psalm 136:1
"O give THANKS unto the LORD;
for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever. "


I also want to share a recipe with you that has become a request every year. It is for Chocolate Cream Pie -- yum, yum!!


Old-fashioned Chocolate Cream Pie
1 baked pie shell
5 Tblsp. flour
1 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
5 Tblsp. cocoa
2 cups milk
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup oleo
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift flour with sugar, salt, and cocoa. Add milk. Stir until smooth. Place in a double boiler (or a saucepan -- that's what I use) and cook for 12 minutes. Stir to prevent lumping. Beat egg yolks. Add to the above mixture and cook for 3 minutes. Stir often. A wire whip is helpful for the stirring process. Remove from fire and add oleo and vanilla. Mix. Cool slightly and pour into pie shell. This makes a 9-inch pie. Top with Cool Whip.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Maybe I'll wave to you from the window next door, lol. :o)

JTScraps17 said...

Hey, hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving! Your pies totally look bought from the store. How do you do it!? Anyway, enjoy your time off tomorrow and I'll see ya on Saturday.