Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What is wrong with people today?

I just don't understand so called "Christians" today. Here is a news clip of someone in the Christian community that has lost all respect from me -- I just cannot believe this!! How can you call yourself a Christian (a follower of Christ) and not believe EVERY SINGLE THING the Bible (God's word) teaches? This is quite disturbing to me -- I like several of Ray Bolt's songs but I will definitely think differently about his music now. Here's the article:

There is shock and sadness in the Christian community over word that famed Christian music singer Ray Boltz has publicly announced he’s living a homosexual lifestyle.
"If this is the way God made me, then this is the way I’m going to live...I really feel closer to God because I no longer hate myself." Those were the words of Ray Boltz in an interview with the Washington Blade about his decision to engage in homosexuality. Boltz, a father of four who was married for 33 years before officially divorcing his wife this year, is well-known for his widely acclaimed songs "Thank You" and "I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb."

The disclosure by Boltz was stunning news to former homosexual Greg Quinlan who is now with the New Jersey Family Policy Council.

"I’m absolutely shocked. I've got some of his CDs and cassette tapes –- tells you how long it's been around. When he says he's born that way, we know now for a fact that that's false. In fact, just last year in March, the director of the Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins, said this: homosexuality is not hardwired. There is no gay gene. We mapped the human genome. We now know there is no genetic cause for homosexuality."

When asked about Boltz's homosexuality, The Gospel Music Association -- the group which gives out the Dove Awards -- told the Blade, "We do not comment on the lifestyle choices of people in our community."


According to Quinlan, by making such a statement the GMA seems to be "enabling a behavior that is totally inconsistent, incongruent with the message of the gospel."

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Wow, I am completely shocked! It's really sad how easy it can be to become so engrossed in and blinded by sin.

Thoughts From Me said...

This just really saddens me. Anyone of us could get so caught up in sin we can't see a way out. My heart is broken for this man and his family.

Anonymous said...

What a cop out by the music association. They sound pretty political. Maybe we need to boycott their music. We'll just buy from Heartland.