Friday, December 5, 2008

My dog Dagen...

Most of you know we have two miniature dachshunds and I love them SOOOOOOOOOOO much!! They are my buddies. Well, Dagen, our older one is having problems with his back (dachshunds are known for this) and I'm dreading the inevitable (putting him to sleep). I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. But he is doing pretty bad. Today he has been just dragging his back legs behind him and he has been pooping in the house. So, I know it may be time but I just don't want to do it -- he is such a good dog. I made an appointment for tomorrow so they can check him again and see if there is anything else to do but I'm afraid it is the end. So, sorry this is a sad post but I need to write about it. Here's a couple of pictures of him -- my buddy!!



3 comments:

Arlene said...

Awww, I'm sorry; I know that is a tough decision. He is a good little pup... I'm sure Isaac will be a good comforter and say he's gone to Heaven :o) *hugs* to you, my friend!

Laura said...

Hi, Sarah! I'm Laura (Arlene's bestfriend, who I'm sure you've heard many stories about!), I just wanted to say I hope your doggie gets better and you don't have to put him down. My dream dog is a miniature daschund!! I love them! Your pup sure is a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear it, Sarah. I feel a connection to him in a way, too. I've known him since he was a wee pup. Had lots of fun playing with him and his siblings. :D But will keep YOU in prayer, I know it is a hard thing...there's a real connection.